In these Terms, “EQ Bank”, “we” and “our” refer to Equitable Bank, and “you” and “your” refer to a user of the Chatbot.
Your use of the Chatbot indicates that you understand and agree to these Terms and the Privacy Agreement. You also agree and understand that any other agreements that apply to any products and services that you may have with EQ Bank will also continue to apply when you use the Chatbot.
1. The Chatbot Service
The Chatbot can respond to certain questions that you ask about EQ Bank, including general inquiries about products and services and frequently asked questions.
The Chatbot is provided by a third-party vendor and is available on the EQ Bank website. The Chatbot only responds to questions asked in English and will only reply in English. Please note that the Chatbot is currently unavailable to residents of the province of Quebec.
2. Use and Functionality of the Chatbot
You understand and agree that:
- The Chatbot provides information for general informational purposes only.
- Any information provided by the Chatbot is not and should not be considered to be financial advice or a financial plan and should not be relied upon in that regard.
- The Chatbot does not have access to your account details and will not be able to answer any questions specific to your account.
- The Chatbot cannot be used as a channel to conduct banking transactions or services.
- The Chatbot has limited capacity and may not be able to answer your question or provide the information that you are seeking.
- You are responsible for determining if the response provided by the Chatbot applies to you.
- The responses the Chatbot provides should not be considered as official statements or responses from EQ Bank for your specific situation.
- EQ Bank is not responsible for any damage or losses that you may suffer as a result of the Chatbot being unable to provide you with the information that you have sought.
- We may monitor and/or record the discussion you have with the Chatbot for our protection and your protection and to enhance the quality of the Chatbot and our service.
- The Chatbot may collect the date and time of your use of the Chatbot and may collect device-related information, including your IP address, mobile device identification number (IMEI) and the operating system, make and model of your device.
- If you have violated your responsibilities as set out in these Terms, or at our discretion for any other reason, we may end the Chatbot sessions at any time without prior notice and we may delete or restrict your access to the Chatbot. EQ Bank will not be responsible for any direct or indirect damage or losses that someone may claim to suffer in such a circumstance.
3. Your Responsibilities when Using the Chatbot
When you interact with the Chatbot, you understand and agree that:
- You will not ask the Chatbot any questions that include any personal or sensitive information, such as your contact information, address, gender or sexual orientation, ethnicity or country of origin, colour or race, disability, marital or family status, and religion, and you will not provide any of this information to the Chatbot.
- You will not provide the Chatbot with your login information or passwords, financial information, PINs or any other personal banking information and you will keep this information confidential.
- You will not submit, send, post, or publish any material through the Chatbot that may be considered by us to be abusive, defamatory, illegal, indecent, threatening, obscene, pornographic, invasive of privacy or publicity rights or otherwise harmful to others.
4. Changes to These Terms
Changes to these Terms may be made by us at any time, without prior notice. When changes are made, notice of the change will be posted on the EQ Bank website or secure message centre. The new or revised Terms will be effective and binding on you when we post them on the EQ Bank website or secure message centre. Your use of the Chatbot after we post the notice means that you agree to and accept the Terms as amended.
5. Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge that we will not be liable for any losses or damages that you may suffer as result of your use of the Chatbot, including if the Chatbot is unavailable for any reason or if the Chatbot is unable to provide you with the information have you sought or has provided information that does not apply to your situation.
6. Governing Law
These Terms are governed by the applicable laws of the Canadian province or territory in which you reside, and by the laws of Canada applicable therein. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the provisions of these Terms and the provisions any other existing EQ Bank terms and conditions or agreements, the provisions of the existing terms and conditions and/or agreements will govern.
7. Language of Terms
You have expressly requested that these Terms and any related documents, including notices, be drawn up in English only. Vous avez expressément demandé que les présentes modalités et tout document qui s'y rattache, y compris tout avis, soient rédigés en anglais seulement.